Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Somnombulance - Strung Out



I lie awake again no sleep tonight,
I find no peace in the quiet absence of the light
A million whispered thoughts floatin' through my head,
a million seconds has passed me by in my bed...

One, two, three, now it's four in the mornin',
as the emptiness swallows me on more time,
I grow a little older with every second that passes,
I die a little every time I close my eyes...

No sanctuary in my dreams, no quiet place to hide...
Every night I swear it's the same, and I don't know where I'll be tonight
But I know sleep will come if I walk all night...

It's been a thousand hours maybe even more,
since I fell victim to all the thoughts I tried to ignore...
Nameless faces and sounds, voices screamin' in pain,
hundred shadows and sirens, voices calling my name...

Well I can't sleep but I'm not awake to this hazy dim version of reality
Hypnotized by everything I can't control,
desensitized by everything that controls me

Well I can't sleep so it's here in the dark,
I'll make my peace with all that I've learned...
Sanity's just another dream away,
maybe with time it'll be alright...

Everynight I swear it's the same,
I walk all night and never ever get anywhere
It's taken all my strength,
It's taken all the life that used to flow deep inside of me...

All my dreams are filled with no peace
All of my days are filled with no rest
Maybe with time it'll be alright...

No comments:

Post a Comment