Friday, February 18, 2011

Los Fearless: Kolohe Andino


Always striving. Always searching. Always surfing.

At 16, Kolohe Andino has already conquered some of the sickest waves set to crash, at coastlines on every corner of the earth. Though considered a surfing prodigy, it hasn't been an easy ride. It's taken hard work, dedication and a lot of Fearless to get to where he is today.

"Fear is good. How you control your fear and use it to your advantage is what makes the best surfers in the world."

For Kolohe, there's nothing else in the world like surfing. He loves every part of it, especially when he wins: "I picture myself winning. I'm pretty competitive. If I get beat by a guy a couple times in a row, I start to obsessively think about that guy and beating him."

His home break is Tresles in the O.C.; he grew up surfing there and it's still his favorite spot. "When I'm by myself and the waves are good, there's nothing like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment